Friday, January 27, 2006

Our Wacky Messiah

Consider the following:
http://members.aol.com/JesusImages/index.htm
Although the images contained in the above link are hilarious, and sometimes downright creepy, I assure you the effect is unintentional. However, the images below aren't quite so pure of heart (click to enlarge):







I can't take credit for this last image, it belongs to SA forum goon "fuckingtest", but I included it anyway for making me lose my shit upon first viewing.



Why I hate blogs
Continuing with today's religious theme, I have selected one of many Godblogs that pollute a disturbingly high percentage of the Internet.
http://www.aprildean.blogspot.com/
January 20th, 2006
Today has been an interesting day. 3 sick babies. With about 4 hours of sleep and 3 exhausting days being Mommy Nurse already under my belt, I had no idea how today was going to work.

But praise be to our Lord Jesus- He has given me supernatural strength and energy to care for them every step of the way.

I am boasting about this because I know that it is true.

In these circumstances that I feared- He has shown me His strength and faithfulness TO DO IT ALL THROUGH ME. Glory be to Him in this current trial that envelops us.
It has become apparent to me, over the years, that Christians rely on God an awful lot. He is expected to help them win awards, score tie-breaking baskets and be on their side at all times, no matter the idiocy of their stance (although to be fair, he never gets blamed when they lose). But April Dean seems to take this concept to an extreme, and reading further into her blog, I discovered she can't do ANYTHING without Jesus having to intervene in some way.
"I was fixing Raisin Bran this morning, and was in serious danger of pouring too much milk into the bowl! But praise be to His divine arm who stayed my hand in mid-pour! THANK YOU JESUS FOR NOT ALLOWING ME TO MAKE THE CEREAL SOGGY! I AM ETERNALLY IN YOUR DIVINE DEBT!!!"
Or something like that. Also, theres something strange about this picture of her and her child, although I can't quite put my finger on it. Perhaps it's because the baby's head is wider than hers and perfectly symmetrical, or maybe it's due to her demonic grin. Either way, I swear Photoshop is at work here.



Moses leads his people through the dessert
And finally, devoted fan da buttah and I discussed me creating an image of Moses leading his people through the "dessert", which I actually promised her today. As fate would have it, the very same day we talked about this, I uncovered this web comic from the ever-entertaining Perry Bible Fellowship series:



Since I'm far too lazy to produce something of that calibre myself, buttah, I'm afraid that's going to have to do.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must personally thank our divine lord myself, for I almost brushed my teeth too hard this morning and was in serious danger of making my gums bleed. What kind of life would I lead if I didn't have him to keep me from endangering myself?

Fri Jan 27, 02:26:00 PM MST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perry Bible Fellowship is Sweet! Make sure and check out ken's new specs:

http://www.studentfilms.com/film/get.do?id=712

Fri Jan 27, 04:54:00 PM MST  
Blogger da buttah said...

caliber aside...

AWESOME!!

Sun Jan 29, 12:31:00 PM MST  
Blogger Vyvyan Basterd said...

You're absolutely right, Yoteshaw, PBF is sweet. I think "Cromax" is my favourite, but that may just be due to our mutual employment roots.

Mon Jan 30, 12:31:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home