Friday, March 17, 2006

Kitty turns 9 today


Yay Kitty

A short list of things that piss me off II, addendum
Having just had my hair cut, I remembered a conversational no-no that has plagued me every couple of months since I was but a wee lad. There are always a certain number of schoolmates/coworkers who can't wait to point out to me that I've had a trim. I wouldn't mind comments like, "Your hair looks nice" or "You look like your dad had a go at you with the lawnmower", what bothers me is:
IDIOT: Ooh, you just got your haircut!
ME: ......
These bastards NEVER offer an opinion on how I look, mind you, they just want to make sure that I know that they know I've had a haircut; something anybody who isn't legally blind could easily detect from 50 feet away. And I am stumped every time, because in all my years, I have yet to come up with an adequately sarcastic reply. I can't even respond with something simple, like "I see you're fat and ugly today", because at least that statement comes with a viewpoint.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude kitty looks goddamned angry........

Fri Mar 17, 05:10:00 PM MST  
Blogger Vyvyan Basterd said...

She doesn't like hats.

Fri Mar 17, 05:51:00 PM MST  
Blogger Vyvyan Basterd said...

Julia, yes, both of them.

Fri Mar 17, 09:47:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home