Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Let us celebrate the birth of our Creator

...who turns 27 today. To commemorate this momentous occasion, here is a picture of me being rude outside the Taj Mahal:



Look familiar? Perhaps you have already seen this image on page 307 of McGraw-Hill's bestseller, Living with Art (sixth edition):



Please note that although flipping the bird is the single most cliched pseudo-tough guy stance one can take when one has a camera pointed at him, it is perfectly acceptable when done in front of a sacred monument.

Why I hate blogs

I have drawn many a shitty blog from Blogspot and Xanga's random blog searches. However, the real takers of the shitty blog cake are the GARGANTUAN attention whores over at LiveJournal. With no search feature, and a friends-only screening process, LiveJournal users can ensure that their deepest, darkest and most pointless musings be kept completely secret. Except that they are on the Internet.

Let us begin this multi-part series, with a (noun deleted) by the name of Afterthought926. Afterthought's meandering accounts of day to day life make nutrition facts seem llike literary masterpieces. She (he? it? - it's hard to tell) includes the usual "prepare to be bored to tears by my empty life" fare, and semi-frequently dots this garbage with "I am so sad and depressed and I can't stop crying and the only thing that could possibly rescue me from this cruel sea of misery is if someone comments on my blog" entries.

And, since I couldn't bear to copy and paste entire entries of the first type (you'll thank me when you read her blog), here's a few repetititve non-standouts from the latter category, just to get you in the mood:
http://afterthought926.livejournal.com/
April 4th, 2006
Well isn't that just lovely.
I don't feel like I can say anything anymore.
Can't say or do anything.
(edited for gratuitous whining)
Things seemed good.
Now I'm back to crying.
I'm so sick of everything.

March 8th, 2006
I need to learn... to never think about anything... never get my hopes up... never plan.
Nothing ever works out...
Yesterday was my good day. (added edit: Actually just a few good parts.)
Shortly after I woke up today I ended up crying.
I have had plans in mind for a while... and many times I wanted to do them... but now that I soon might be able to I don't want to.
Timing sucks.
I'm just not in the best of moods.
Maybe things will work out... but right now everything is looking pretty hopeless.
Tears.

March 22nd, 2006
Concider me dead until further notice... (a few hours or never... I'm not sure.)
Done and DONE!

NOTE: This entry has been edited for viciousness, for I am a kindly and gracious ruler of this here blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vyvyan Basterd said...

##name##? Why... that's me!

Thu Apr 13, 08:52:00 AM MDT  
Blogger Vyvyan Basterd said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Mon May 01, 08:36:00 AM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home