Thursday, December 29, 2005

Look at the Jews

Travis, a friend of mine and typical jock type, committed something of a faux pas in an airport terminal a few years ago.

He was sitting at the gate with his brother and dad, when a small group of Orthodox Jews sat in the row of seats opposite them. Amused by their appearance, he leaned over to his brother and whispered "Look at the Jews". His brother made no reply, offering only a dumbfounded stare. "LOOK AT THE JEWS", Travis repeated, in a harsher whisper.

Mortified, his dad, who was a full 3 seats away, slapped him on the back of the head.

It turned out that, courtesy of Travis' headphones blaring Sepultura at full blast, and his decision to not remove them before "whispering", he had in fact bellowed the comment both times, and everyone else at the otherwise quiet gate was staring at him in horror.

Especially the Jews.

1 Comments:

Blogger Youwish said...

Wow...you really dont hold back on the whole lack of PC crap...I like it. (Im a Jew myself and I had been at the airport I would have laughed my ass off. Although I dont look like a jew so I guess this will never happen to me...damnit.)

BTW basterd...is spelled bastard...unless you are trying to make a point with the whole "terd" thing.

Love the pic in the last post.

Thu Dec 29, 04:14:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home